Dogs are sweet and loving pets, and provide their human counterparts with years of mutually beneficial companionship. But dogs can also be unpredictable, and sometimes fall prey to their animalistic nature to explore and be “free,” which usually results in them winding up in otherwise-thought-to-be improbable places. Journey below to see 21 of the more outrageous places/situations our canine cohorts have found themselves in.
21. In the bathtub!
20. In the mailbox!
19. In a PUMPKIN?!
18. Of course! In the refrigerator…
17. In a cage, all alone, and very afraid. What was he thinking?!
16. In an antique Civil War cannon.
15. Ummmm…In a cast-iron gumball machine?
14. In the local hardware store, stuffed into an abnormally large can of generic yellow paint.
13. In a scandalous shoot with provocateur photographer Terry Richardson!
12. In a six by six prison cell, charged with a murder he did not commit (or did he?).
11. In Sanford Stadium, as mascot for the Georgia Bulldogs.
10. In an alternate universe, living on Lilypine Manor in upstate Connecticut, together at long last with his beautiful canine wife, Eloise.
9. In the newly refurbished stone basement of Jason Alexander.
8. In a piping hot cup of coffee. What a silly billy!
7. On television, as a reimagined canine version of Jim Rockford from The Rockford Files.
6. Inexplicably hovering above the poster for Joe Johnston’s overlooked 1999 film, October Sky.
5. Inside the mouth of a bigger, meaner, dog.
4. Stuffed uncomfortably inside an iPhone 5 case. How’d he get in there?!
3. Buried alive, in an old, unmarked grave near Gunanoot Lake in the northern interior of British Columbia.
2. In a void. Nowhere to be found. Never again. Lost. Forever.
1. In a happy home with humans who love him very much. WHAT?!?!